From:
"Benita G. Booker" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 2 Nov 2002 08:13:38 EST
IT had been a long evening the night before.  Studying for the following
days class until 3 am knowing I would be a wreck the next day..... When
I got home I decided to let Pumpkin out the likttle girl the petstore
called about on Monday.  She is approx.  8 or 9 weeks.  Full of energy...

I am laying on the floor watching tv and the phone rang... It's one of
those calls when someone offers a free chiropractic exam... I say yes due
to the issues with my back figuring they may tell me something different
than the VA.  During this time the tiny turbo charged kit is dashing here
and dashing there.  My phone is black bigger than the kit.  I had to
throw that in there.  You will see in the moment... As the lady and I are
setting up an appointment I realize I am going to have to sit up and grab
something to write with and something to write on... Just as I sit up and
look on the coffee table the turbo charged kit decides this would be the
time she could use me to get on the coffee table since I am not focused
on her.  I sat the phone down to get a pen and paper.  She makes a dash
I catch her and put her back on the floor, she tries again I catch her.
Right hand positioning the paper and the left repeatly catching the
ferret from her attempts to get on the coffee table.  Then it happens...
Just as I reach for the phone with my left hand to put it to my ear....
AAAAAAHHHHHHHHH Wet nose in my ear..  I wondered why the lady didn't
respond on the other end to the infamous "I'm back".... I swear I tried
not to laugh out loud but it was too funny.  I put the kit down and
picked up the real phone... The lady on the other end was a little
confused about my laughing until I explained then she had a good laugh
for the day.... Pumpkin leaves me today to go to the shelter in hopes of
being adopted this weekend.  But in a few days she has left a memory I
will never forget....

Benita