From:
Anne Ryan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Dec 2000 07:38:13 EST
First a HUGE public thanks to Kristine for the giving tree.  This was one
of the nicest ideas anyone has had in a LONGGGGGG time!  Fuzztek's current
oldest ferret, Ziggy (age 9 1/2 and MF, btw!!), will be spending Christmas
wrapped warmly in new polarfleece blankets!

Next, I normally don't do this, but Fuzztek Central Shelter (in central
NJ) has a ferret who is young (about 2), healthy, sable mitt, beautiful
markings who has been with us for quite some time now, and the other night
he whispered in my ear that what he wants most for Christmas is a "real"
family.  Meatball (the name is sooo fitting) was turned in late last
winter, and has been passed over so many times that he is beginning to
become quite discouraged.  So if you think you might want to give Meatball
his Christmas wish and live in the area, please do contact me.  Meatball
is a very bit rambunctious and needs to go to a home with no younger kids
and only rambunctious ferrets.

Lastly, I attended the AFA show last Saturday.  The ADV table made over
$500 in donations and raffle sales, way to go people!  In talking to
several people, there seems to be confusion over a certain point-- the
State of NJ DOES recognize the CDC Rabies Compendium.  You can verify
this with Senior Public Health Veterinarian, Faye Sorhage, VMD, MPH
609-588-3121.

Thanks!

Anne