From:
Jenny Blum <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 May 2009 23:34:54 -0500
Hello all!

So I've had 2 litter boxes out at all times while my ferrets are
running around, and today I just went to petco to buy an even bigger
one so they are more likely to use it and not my floor. Well I cleaned
it out really well and put litter in it and that was the first thing
they went to today when they had to go potty! I was SO proud of them,
they got some ferrotone and lots of kisses. :)

I bought Mia from petco over the summer because she was so tiny and
irresistable, and while I was buying her the worker referred to her as
the "devil ferret" and I soon saw why right when I brought her home!!
It seemed like she wanted to take my feet and hide them somewhere as
if they were not attached to my feet in the first place! She was not
mean whatsoever but the nippiest baby ferret I've ever held! Now she
is absolutely great, she's my trouble maker... and I knew she would be
from the very beginning!

Anyways, I saw the girl who sold her to me and gave her an update on
how great of a ferret she is! The lady was very happy Mia turned out
to be such a great girl! She said that there's only been one trouble
maker as big as Mia in petco since I bought her. When I got home, I
woke mia up and gave her a big hug and kiss because I love her so much!
Everytime I wake her up to take her out, she always gives me kisses
too! I never knew why she was licking me, so I looked it up and found
out that ferrets do that as a sign of affection towards their owners! I
always thought of Zoey as the one who loved me the most, and I thought
Mia was indifferent, because Zoey follows me around EVERYWHERE, comes
when I call her with a happy trot, and wakes up everytime and runs to
the cage door everytime I come home and walk through the door to my
room! Well I was so very happy when I read that about the licking. I
also read an article of when ferrets constantly lick you they have
adrenal disease which worried me for a moment, but its not constant,
its only when I wake her up.

Anyways off to give my ferrets their first bath ever! I hope they
like it!

Jenny
Zoey & Mia