Date:
Thu, 27 Dec 2007 12:10:47 -0500
For anyone who lives in a house that does not have a heat pump, please
buy a carbon monoxide detector for your bedroom. If you have a furnace,
boiler, gas stove, fireplace of any type, these all produce carbon
monoxide when is use. They had just done a study and if you have every
been subjected to carbon monoxide for an extended amount of time, you
chance of having a heart attack increased.

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/36641.php

If you live somewhere where you rent or you just don't want to install
one in the ceiling, they do sell ones at the hardware store that plug
in and have battery backup. I think it is worth spending sixty bucks
to save yourself and you family (furchildren included).

On to the subject of herbal remedies, each herb has it's purpose, but
just like regular medicine you can overdoes. Please research before
use. Just because an herb works in humans doesn't mean it works the
same in animals. Just like certain medicines work for certain people
and don't for others. Back before we had doctors herbal remedies were
widely used, but the successful midwives or apothecaries had years of
training on herbs and combinations. During the middle ages we lost a
lot of that knowledge that we had gathered over thousands of years so
we are just beginning to reclaim that. So please, with herbs, use
caution just like you would with regular medicine.

Okay, that said, I hope everyone had or has a wonderful Holiday season,
and I wish everyone and a wonderful, prosperous New Year!