From:
"Amanda S. Christmas" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 May 1997 09:14:17 -0700
Hi, There.

As most of you know, Robert Jacob and his Kodo are in need of help.  Though
there have been many ferrets before Kodo to be tragically killed in the name
of "Public Health", we have been given a rather unique opportunity to
correct this miscarrige of justice this time.  It may, and this of course,
is what we are hoping, make a big difference in the way these cases are
handled from now on, not just in Michigan but perhaps all over the US.  It
may even help the California issue.

Now, I am a single mother, have been one for ten years.  I make little more
than minimum wages and work at least a 40 hour week.  I take care of my 87
year old mother who is confined to a wheel chair.  I volunteer at my church
as a gardener, I have a volunteer on-air shift at a local christian radio
station and I co-run the New Mexico Ferret Shelter & Rescue.  I say all this
to let you know that I know what it means to be on a TIGHT budget.  Really!

My challenge is to all ferret owners; today I am sending in my check for $10
apiece on behalf of each of my pet ferrets.  I challenge everyone to do the
same and match my funds.  $10 a head.  Go without calling Domino's this
month or wait till that movie you wanted to see goes to video or something
you can get by without just this time.  Match my donation and help out
yourself as well as other ferret owners around the country.  This challenge
is only for PET ferrets not shelter ferrets.

This is a cause we can all take up the banner for.  We can make a difference
this time.  We can make our voices heard this time.  To hesitate is to lose
this small window of opportunity.  We must organize quickly.  Don't delay.
Send in your donation now to:

Gloria Davis
Treasurer GLFA/LAF
27654 Southpointe
Grosse Ile, MI     48138

Credit card donations to:
Robert Jacobs
(517) 777-4807

If I can find a way to donate $$, you cann't afford not to.  This is my
challenge.

Thank you.
 --
Amanda S. Christmas

Beauty for ashes, strenght for fear,
gladness for mourning, peace for dispair.