From:
Holly Gorrell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 5 Jan 2002 19:28:16 -0500
I thought I would share a cute story about what one of my ferrets did
today.  When I first got up today, I was fighting a nasty headache.  So I
sat back in my chair that is next to the ferret cage.  I did not get the
ferrets out, because I did not yet feel up to watching them.  I sat back
with my eyes closed, trying to relax.  I could hear some activity in the
cage, but just tried to ignore it.  The first thing I knew something fell
off the mantle onto my head.  It was a plush toy ferret that I keep up on
the mantle.  I looked up and there was Tigger, up on the mantle looking
down at me.  She had managed to open one of the doors to the cage that was
on an upper level and from there had scaled the cage to get to the mantle.
Then she had started pushing stuff off the mantle.  Little escape artist!
I had to laugh.  She was standing very still looking at me.  I swear she
was thinking, "I'm a stuffed toy ferret.  I'm a stuffed toy ferret.  Is
Mommy buying this act?"

If she hadn't pushed a toy off onto my head, I would have never known
she was up there.  I shudder to think of all the mischief she could have
caused if she hadn't got caught so soon.

Ferret lesson: If you escape your cage, and you don't want to be caught,
don't push things onto Mommy's head.  Tigger

Holly
Tigger, Pooh & Sprite