From:
Kathy Jordan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 31 Aug 2010 18:50:52 -0400
To the anonymous poster quoting my website from 2001, and more
recently, I would like to make it clear that group shipments often get
discounts to offset shipping and/or broker fees. It is about impossible
to send ferrets to foreign countries unless individuals or groups of
individuals/clubs use consulates, distributers or brokers to handle the
paperwork. The USDA does not regulate sales to foreign countries, but
the receiving countries have their own regulations.

I really can't comment on everything I do, justifying, debating,
defending it, etc, but I can go on the record for not digging around
in other ferret breeders business and businesses trying to point the
finger at them on the FML or any forums. I don't want copies of their
websites back to 2001, I don't send them emails pretending to be
someone else to try to pick for information to twist, I don't want to
know where or how they raise their ferrets, I don't want to know how
many ferrets they have, I don't want to know what they feed their
ferrets, what records they keep, do they test for this or that, I don't
want to know how they cage their ferrets. I just plain don't care
because I am comfortable with how I do things, and my veterinarian
is comfortable with it, many veterinarians recommend me to their
customers, so what other ferret breeders or ex-breeders do is their
business and I wish them every success. I am far more concerned with
tending to my own affairs, my family, and my other interests than
trying to hurt the reputation of someone else. The FML does not need
to be an instrument by which someone attacks another person under the
disguise of "facts." Most people see right through that and would much
rather read pleasant personal stories, and about the latest medical
information and outcomes, and ways to contribute to shelters. Of
course, it is harder to see through when someone posts anonymously,
isn't it?

Kathy Jordan,
Alumni, NC State University, 1978
Carolina Ferrets