From:
Ferret Nook <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Jun 2010 08:50:28 -0500
On a similar note as Carol's on HE Washers, last fall my kitchen sink
was plugged. Barry thought he could fix it by using drain cleaner.
Didn't work and made the situation worse! Finally had to call a
plumber. After a couple of hours, 2 different plumbers and cutting a
pipe in the basement, we found the problem - after 14 years of bathing
all the shelter ferrets in the kitchen sink - it came up with a hair
ball!!! The plumber explained that hair/fur does not break down and
sticks to the side of the pipes and viola - a blockage! He gave us a
little tip - when the drain is slowing down, take a plunger and clear
the drain before the clog gets too large to clear it (and use the sink
traps)! So, the moral to this story is not only do our ferts get
hairballs, but so do our drains! I wonder if hairball laxative would
work on drains LOL!

Kathy
Ferret Nook Shelter / Adoption Center
Cambridge, WI 53523