From:
Charissa Ebersole <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Mar 1999 10:51:51 PST
Music plays a big role in our family.  With weekly rehearsals of our
medieval music group and the myriad of musical instruments in the house,
Belle discovered the joys of dumbeks, those hour-glass shaped Middle
Eastern drums.  She loves to slither inside through open bottom of the
drums.  Imagine our startled drummer when she popped out of one drum at
the beginning of rehearsal!

Regarding fun-nels, my husband succumbed to the urge to get Belle a toy.  A
few weeks ago he came home with one of those fun-nels flexible tunnels.  At
first, Belle was put off (I think by the strong vinyl smell).  However, in
a few minutes the smell dissipated some and she took to it, shooting back
and forth inside.  It's fun to hold one end on your lap and have someone
else stretch the other end down (the tunnels stretch to an amazing length).
She slides down, dances back up to me, asking to go again.  Another neat
trick is to send a ball down the tunnel to chase.  We only have one tunnel,
so we have no experience linking them together.

I have a question for more experienced ferret owners.  What experiences
have you had with motels/hotels accepting ferrets as guests?

My deepest sympathies to those of you who have lost your dear furry friends
recently.

Thanks,
Charissa (the human)
Belle (aka Xena, Warrior Ferret)
Isabeau (calico cat)
Navarre (white and orange marshmello cat)
Lisa (Scotty-Belle's best friend)
Frodo (Golden Retriever & food thief extordinare)