From:
Linda Doran <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Jan 1996 07:08:22 -0700
Regarding distemper shots: This question comes up every now and then, and it
still amazes me that some people think it's OK to try and get by without one
(including a former vet tech I met who argued against it on "naturalist"
grounds).  Yes, IMHO, you MUST get distemper shots.  This disease is so
highly contagious, you can get it just by sitting on a bench in a vet's
office where another infected animal has been.  And it's virtually 100
percent deadly -- there is no hope once it happens.  There are other people
on this list (I consider myself extremely lucky not to be among them so far)
who can tell you how awful it is to watch an animal slowly die of this
disease.  And the solution is so simple.  It isn't worth the risk.

For the sake of your fuzzies, please get the distemper shot for your
ferrets.

Linda