From:
Elizabeth Draus <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Dec 1996 00:50:50 -0500
I know, I know, I can practically *hear* you groan, "Oh, no, not another
food debate!" But don't worry, it's not like that.  See, in chemistry, we're
studying how everyone is affected by chemistry.  My teacher's soapbox is
"Get it out of the classroom." So everyone in my class has picked a product,
and mine is ferret food.

I need to write letters to all sorts of ferret food companies asking them
questions like how they make their product, why they use the materials they
use, what sort of health procedures they take, etc.  So what I need from you
nice ferret people are addresses of ferret foods.  Just look on the bag of
food that you give to your darlings and email me ([log in to unmask]) with
the address, if you would.  (If you feed your ferts cat food, don't send me
those addresses, please!  =) ) Thanks!

On a more serious (I think) note, while Chloe is recovering nicely from her
spaying, Velvet has developed some odd symptoms. She still has that cute
little shaved belly, but instead of being pink, it's got a slightly blue
color to it. I don't *think* it's her fur coming back a darker color, but she
won't hold still long enough for me to check it out properly.

She's also getting a little thinner, although it's happened so recently that
it's hard to tell if she's really losing weight.  But I'm not the only one
who's noticed that.

And also, she seems to have a little trouble controlling her potties.
Either that or she has a little bit of discharge around her vulva area.
Again, she won't hold still long enough, and when I scruff her, the problem
seems to go away.  Anyhow, she left a few--2 or 3--little poopies
accidentally in the middle of the floor, each only about half a centimeter
long and normal-colored.  It's hard to tell if she goes while she's in the
cage because Chloe goes there too.

Should I be worried? I hope not, but if I should, what should I be worried
about??

Please advise!

Thanks in advance,
Liz (and a blue fert and a normal fert--well, as normal as they come)