From:
sargentcolburn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 May 2003 18:56:16 -0400
Dear Ferret Folks-

WRMQ makes perfect sense as an acronym in the Klingon language.  Few
people realize it, but as it happens, Hurricane Lily speaks three
dialects of Tlhingan Hol.  True, she mostly sticks to the clipped
battle language spoken on the deck of a D-10 destroyer, (with or
without optional cloaking device) though she is also conversant in
Ancient Court Klingonaase.  She learned it at the University of Santa
Cruz, where it is, I kid you not, a language elective.

Here is her translation.  You have to think FLO and shoe insoles here, to
make any sense of it.

 waq-shoe
 ral-controll manually
 maH-we
 qab-be bad

Shoe, controll manually, we be bad.

"waq ral maH qab!"  Annnnd there you have it, another insole gets stashed
where even a tricorder can't find it.  Sometimes she substitutes "khest"
for "qab", but this is a family forum and we won't go there.

(P.S. Lily generally speaks in Tribble, although her accent is TERRIBLE.
She can't pronounce the 'squee' sibilant, and winds up with 'hee'
instead.)

Alexandra in Massachusetts
Qapla'