From:
Gerri Himberger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 13 Jan 2008 04:19:02 -0800
Ronnie e-mailed me with a great idea-- we could take the tree and use
it for all seasons.... not only the Christmas tree, but a Valentines
tree, and Easter tree (hearts, bunnies...) Fourth of July.....

I thought that was a really good idea. We still have more than a few
ferrets on the tree- but people seem to be picking them- thanks to all
of you who have been Santa's to the little ones- it is easy to forget
that there are so many without forever homes, those who have been
abandoned for one reason or another, or who have never known love at
all, or who have lost the loved ones they had through no one's fault.
I think we see our own babies playing and having a good time, and need
not to think of all the ferrets who can't do that- it is very painful
to not be able to save them all. The Tree is one little way of helping.

Please remember the Canadian ferrets- it only takes just a little bit
more to mail them a package. Thanks also to Kris for keeping up with
all the stockings- it makes everyone feel great when we are on the
pages counting ferrets who have been picked every day.

Gerri