From:
April Armstrong Campbell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 12 Jul 2003 12:38:07 -0400
>From:    April Armstrong Campbell <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: MA ferrets need a home!
>
>Hi.  I need help finding homes for the following little friends; they
>are all completely vaccinated, ADV-negative by CEP blood test, and
>healthy on physical exam, though one of them does have a possible
>adrenal mass (completely asymptomatic), so will probably, like many of
>our ferrety friends, need adrenal surgery someday in the future: ...

I've gotten some snotty emails because I didn't leave my phone number or
exactly where in MA (that's Massachusetts for you angry folks-it WAS in
the subject line) they are; I didn't want to post my ph# b/c you can
obviously EMAIL me, and I didn't think it mattered WHERE in MA they are,
b/c folks could contact me for exactly where they are.  I have posted
about these guys before, and they are Rescue League animals that I have
taken my time and money to get examined & vaccinated; I posted as much
info as I have, so give me a fudgin' break.  I think I was pretty darned
thorough.

If you are truly interested in giving these guys a home, EMAIL me and I
can exchange ph#s with you to discuss it.

Feeling shelled,
April AC

[Moderator's note: I didn't miss this one -- MA was indeed in the subject
line -- but note that in cases involving ferrets for adoption I almost
always try to determine where they are located and I add that to the
subject line if it isn't already there.  In the case of US states or
Canadian provinces I rarely indicate more than the two-letter Postal
abbreviation.  In other words, I can't understand what upset people
about April's post.  Did I miss something?  BIG]