From:
April Gallaty <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Apr 2000 21:56:01 -0400
Hey ya!

I got a scare this morning.  I woke up and picked everyone up for their
daily dose of mommy slobbering, when I felt a knot on Orion's belly.  I put
him down and called Dr. Kemmerer's office for an appt.  After a 2 1/2 hour
drive to the vet's office, I found out that it was just his bladder.  I
couldn't find the knot after getting there and was told that most likely,
it was a full bladder.  He probably emptied it while I was calling the Dr!
Little pooper!

I just thought everyone would want to know that incase you feel something
like that.  I had no idea about the bladder feeling hard when it's full.
He got his ears cleaned (which I am HORRIBLE at), his belly checked, and
his temp taken.  He also weighed in at 2.2.  So, all is good.  It was worth
the trip just to know he is o.k.  I am sure Dr. K thinks I'm a silly mommy
now!

If anyone in the central Florida area can get to her, she is a GREAT lady.
I've heard many glowing reviews about her and I really liked her from the
beginning when I met her.  Very nice lady and takes the time to show you
what you need to know.  She even showed me where to keep a look out for
hard knots at on the ferrets and to keep a look out for anything abnormal
with Orion's penis area.  It's nice to have someone show you these things.

When it was all said and done, Orion got down on the floor for a few before
being put in his carrier again and promptly BIT my ankle.  So, he wasn't
pleased!  :-)

 -----
The food my guys eat isn't the best for them, so I am trying to integrate
in the TF.  It's going to be a hard road, but it looks like it may work.
I have made a paste out of TF and water and am giving it to my guys like
a treat.  Hopefully, the smell and taste will transfer over and they will
start chewing it up whole soon.  I can't get my pickiest eater to try it
yet, but I'm still working on her.  Maybe they won't notice it's inclusion
in the treat can and the mixing of it in their food bowls.  Before long, I
will have them eating nothing but TF and the NutroMax Kitten food!  Bwaaaaa
hahahah.  Any suggestions on how to get them to eat it?

------
Finally, thanks for all the replies regarding the tattoos.  I have gotten
some wonderful suggestions and links and even the name of a tattoo artist!
I will keep you posted on what I do.  :-)

April and the LOVES to eat what we want ferrets

Luna
Orion
Venus
Eros