Date:
Fri, 10 Apr 1998 09:05:12 -0400
Hi Anita--
I saw your note on the FML about Silk vomiting-- I've been through a
blockage experience with my ferret Amelia, and I can tell you that you can't
waste any time if you think that might be what it is.  They weaken very
quickly once they stop eating and drinking; my vet told me that Amelia was
very lucky to have made it through surgery.  I don't mean to terrify you,
but blockages are very serious, and I think once a ferret's at the point of
vomiting, laxatives won't help much.  I'd get Silk to a vet asap.  One other
tip that I didn't know about before Amelia's blockage, but learned from the
FML at that time-- sometimes a blockage will not show at all on an x-ray,
not even in the form of gass bubbles.  Amelia's x-rays showed nothing, but
she had indeed swallowed a rubberized felt pad about 1 cm in diameter.  I
hope it turns out to be an upset tummy and nothing serious, but please get
Silk looked at right away.  Let us all know how things go!

best to you and yours,
Regina
and Cully and Amelia too!

--
plz send all replies to [log in to unmask], regardless of where this
message appears to have originated...