Date:
Wed, 14 Aug 2002 10:03:04 -0400
I have to agree with Moxie and Nexus.  I was raised to believe that if
you got a pet you took on the responsibility for its care and welfare
for the rest of its life.  I can't imagine giving up any of my guys.
Unfortunately, three of mine were given up by owners who no longer had
time for them.  I believe they did the right thing once they really did
not want them any more and tried to find a responsible home.  The sad
thing is that in each case in took up to a year for them to adjust to
being without their old family.  I still can see Sissy sitting on the
back of our sofa just staring out the window watching for her people.
When they do finally become part of their new family they seem more
insecure than the ones I've had since babyhood.  They are more clingy and
more demanding.  That's okay, I'm here for them but I do think it's sad
that they miss their people so much.  In all three cases they were well
loved, doted on, and then something changed in their families' lives and
all the sudden they became "throw-aways".  They are secure here for the
rest of their lives but how sad that those little lives were disrupted.
Just my thoughts.

Laurel