From:
Date:
Mon, 27 Dec 1999 20:05:23 EST
Hi all, I hope everyone had a great Christmas.  for those who have lost
their little furbabies, I'm so sorry, I do know how horrible it feels.

Awhile ago someone wrote that a certain pine litter company wouldn't honor
the freebie club because it was being used for ferrets.

well, if you go to the yesterdays news website and ask about their feline
freebies litter club, they will send you the info.  all you do is save 7
UPC's from the same size, type of any kind of Y.N. litter, cat or ferret,
send them in and you get a coupon for a FREE bag of that type and size of
litter!!!  No hassles, they are very nice people.

For those of you who use the litter and want to help shelters, send them
the upc's and they can benefit from it, without costing you a cent.
Another way to help out the shelters!

On the PETA thing, I believe they do care about animals but, have some
members that are misdirected.  As the Tyson Ferretgate scandal was going
on here in Las Vegas, someone from PETA pied the rodeo queen in the face,
but no one from Peta got involved with the ferret neglect case?  Makes
you wonder.  A local radio show put her on the spot but she avoided the
subject.

On licencing in L.V., Jason, my shelter is in the county, plus I have a
shelter status, so you go for it, i don't have much spare time but I'll
help in anyway I can to get them to change the wording on the wild animal
permit for ferrets.  It only applies to city limits.  Heck, i have a wild
animal permit for my Coatimundis, but they really are wild animals!

One last thing, I haven't received a check from the Enquiror yet, so I
didn't forget my offer to help out a shelter or two when the money comes
in.  I have already donated some supplies and a vet gift certificate to a
local ferret shelter here, and plan yo help as much as i can.  Everyone
here has been there in my times of need.  I believe in returning the
kindness.  i wil do what i can but my vet bill last 2 or 3 weeks were
$1500 or so, and today, I ran up another $400.  It never seems to end.

Judy, sorry I forgot to thank you for your donation!  Thanks so much for
remembering my little babies.

Well, gotta go pick up an RX for the ferrets, and Citoxin for my cancer
Pomeranian, then do the medication thing!

Take care,
CJ Jones
24 Carat Ferret Rescue And Shelter
5383 Via De Palma Dr.
Las Vegas, Nv. 89102
702-876-8224
our igive link:
Click, click, click.........it only takes a minute of your time to help!