Date:
Tue, 15 May 2001 19:41:32 -0000
I am really enjoying reading about how everyone has *raised the bar* to
keep their fuzzies contained.  I showed it to Sir Walter, my deaf guy,
and he just rolled on the floor, laughing out loud (ROFLOL) because he
knows there is a better way!

For years I have used a plexiglas barrier inserted into a *runner* I made
on the door frame by nailing quarter round toe guard on the door.  That
way the plexiglas slips in and out and the critters can't get through.
In January this huge lug came to live with us and being deaf, he liked to
ignore me when I told him to stop digging at the barricade.  Eventually he
learned that he could push in on the center of the plexiglas and it would
bend.  He then went to each side and pushed until he was able to
methodically remove the edges from the runners!  He may have discovered
this by accident because Shadow would come push on the plexiglas with him
at first.  Maybe their combined weight caused it to pop out the first time.
But, he can now remove the barricade in NO time, and takes great pleasure
in so doing.

And some people think that ferrets can't reason or work together to achieve
a goal.  Hmmmmph!

renee :) & the sex-estential ferrets