From:
Sharon Allen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Dec 2000 15:07:28 -0500
Today at 10am my son Davyd who works at the downtown mall called and said,
"Mom, get down here and bring a carrier quick.  Some guy has a tiny ferret
out here with no cage or anything and he's selling him for $50.  I am going
to get him to get him out of the cold" (the temperature was a brisk 20
degrees).  So off I went, and picked up what appears to be a 12 week old
male sable with a Marshall Farm tattoo in his ear.  The man selling told my
son that he had bought him but his apartment manager will not let him keep
him.  Yet after Davyd paid him the man said he had one more if my son was
interested.

So we called Pet Forum here in Charlottesville and sure enough, two ferrets
had been stolen last week.  Davyd told them that we probably had one of
them, but that he was safe and warm and had four other ferrets to play
with, so the pet store people said that they were glad, that it was the
right thing to do to bring him home with us.  So Davyd and his friends are
waiting for the man to come back with the other ferret, so that they can
"bust him".  And he probably will come back, since he stole those babies
for the money he can make off them.

So welcome to little Peter, as Davyd has named him.  We do not have a cage
or hammock yet, but he is safe in a carrier with warm things to sleep on,
food and water, and someone to love him.  My heart is aching for the other
little lost one.  May it be safe soon.

Sharon Allen, echo,toby,tally,lucy and now peter too