From:
"Christine Herman-- Ms. Ferret Lover" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 8 Jul 2001 08:07:15 EDT
>Last year, our then 5-year female ferret exhibited the hair loss pattern
>symptom of adrenal disease (no enlarged vulva, either).

then other day i noticed sophies vulva was becoming enlarged somewhat,
and it seemed to be irritating to her..  she has very very sparce fur
especially on her tail due to starvation and probably chronic malnutrition-
since i have had her a lot of the fur seems to have grown back- but the
tail is still very sparce- especialy around the base.  i know the sparce
fur or baldness around the base of the tail is a first sign of adrenal-
but is an enlarged vulva a sign also??- advice urgently needed please..

peace,christine