From:
Barbara Clay <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Aug 2003 22:46:58 -0700
Dear Sandee,
I don't come to you with my kids that have passed, but tonite is
different.

The morning started with our precious Julie, a shelter kid, thrown
aside....sitting in the backyard of my farm.... her foster mom, Gail
Raczkowski and I, told her goodbye.  She knows how much we loved her.
She's a cutie patootie...a chocolate girl with a pink nose.  She loved
silkies in her cage...Please make sure she has silkies, or at least
tell her where to find them.

Then the phone rang.....

We were shocked to hear that Hannah, Hagerstown Hannah, had died suddenly
while in post-op from being spayed.  The vet and staff were crying....she
was beautiful and a dookin and dancin ferret.  The only love and care she
ever knew was here, after leaving the garage.  Her eyes were just getting
use to sunlight, her body just use to being touched...she gave kisses....
she gave kisses before her surgery.  If I had known that it would have
been the last time, I would have smothered her.

Then, "P" crashed...she was given an alphabet letter by Animal Control,
because her owner didn't know her name.  P needs prayers, she's still
with us and in ICU struggling for her life.  While visiting her, being
held by the vet tech, when she heard my voice, she literally leaped out
of the techs arms and onto my chest....Doc Gold laughed and said, "this
girl knows you!".  Yep, so Sandee..please tell P it's not her time
yet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

After visiting with P, I then went to visit with all the others that
were being altered....no more babies, life as loved and cherished pets!!!
Yippeeeee!!!

The techs looked sad at me, too sad...then Dr. Herko came to me and told
me that Biker Chick had not survived...despite all heroic measures.
OMGod, I couldn't believe Biker Chick was gone.  She was beautiful and
full of life.  She played in my yard yesterday.  Ajak ( my dog) loved
her, they ran through the grass together.

Well Sandee, as you can see, it's been a rough day.  I am so afraid that
when you go to look for everyone but Julie, they won't know their names.
How are you going to work this?

Please welcome Julie, Hagerstown Hannah and P.  Maybe just yell , "All
From Rocky's!!!!  All Aboard!!!"

My heart is so aching.....please tell me that they are with you, they
found you.  Julie will be OK, I know she will,...she was ready....BUT,
I am so worried about Hannah and P....they weren't...neither was I.

Thanks,
Barb Clay