From:
"Deborah W. Kemmerer, DVM" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Feb 2001 20:34:58 -0500
I have been silent so far on the subject of Barbara Ludt vs Jackie Hawley
at Barbara's request not to get in the crossfire and become a target for
the smear campaign of which she has been a victim.  I can no longer be
silent.  Those who wish to flame me, flame away.  I'm not afraid of you.
You have already been responsible for driving several good veterinarians
off the FML, to the detriment of ferrets everywhere.

I was the original vet involved with Ben and it was Barbara who first
brought him to me, not Jackie.  Ben was, and always has been, Barbara
Ludt's ferret.

Please remember I must be tactful in what I say in order to prevent legal
diifficulties.

All of you FML'ers need to know that you are being misled by people who
want to discredit Barbara.  I am personally acquainted with all of the
parties involved, both as shelter folk and as clients.

Barbara Ludt is one of the most trustworthy, honest, and all-around best
people I know.  I'm proud to call her a friend as well as a client and I
would trust her with the lives of my own animals.  I do not say that
lightly.  Everyone involved in the case of Ben (and now Giggles and
Cricket) needs to know that I support Barbara in all of this.

Giggles and Cricket were not "taken" by Barbara; they were given up by Sue
Thomas because she knew very well she could not afford to care for them.  I
was also involved with both those ferrets.  I tried several times to get
Sue to give up other sick ferrets that I would have done surgery on at my
own expense had she given them to me, but she refused.

All of you who are "Barbara-bashing" have no clue as to what the real
situation is, and you are personally responsible for causing great distress
and hurt to someone who does more for the ferret community than any other
six people I know.  You all owe her an apology.

I have no intention of responding to any flames, so if you wish to call
me names and insult me, your messages will simply be deleted unanswered.
Just remember, what goes around, comes around.

Debbie Kemmerer