From:
Anonymous <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Aug 2001 09:38:14 +1200
>It is my understanding that one of the Scandinavian countries is the only
>place in the world where any fitch are raised and there is much pressure
>to end it there.

Fitch are also still bred and sold here in New Zealand.  Both my ferrets
came from different fitch breeders, actually.  There's a good market for
it in Japan as coat linings, or something similar.  I can't say I like it,
but there you go.  I'm not entirely sure, but the DOC informed me there
were at least three or four major breeders still farming them here, at
least one without a current licence.

- Jess (ignore the addy, it's not really anonymous, I'm just too lazy to
  sort out a decent alias ;))