From:
Diana Ashton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Nov 1998 09:37:51 PST
Hello to all,
To those of you that have watched for up dates, Chena is recovering fron
the ECE and is beginning to get that much loved pear shaped figure again.
But I need some help placing some of my fur children.  My foster home has
13 now and I have 15 but all mine are ECE exposed and the shed period is
up.  There is a male sable that someone dumped at the pound on Halloween
and I was called last night by animal control an informed that they had him
and his time was up.  I have to bring him in or he will be put down.  Is
there any way to keep his exposure rate down to a minimum?  I have 5 that
are on there way in over the nexy 5 weeks.  I am in Fairbanks Alaska and
would be eternally greatful if ther are any FML'ers in the area who are
interested in experiencing ferret math or who can act as a foster home for
some of those that are coming in.  I also got a call from a lady yesterday,
( this really steamed me royal!!!) she has 2 ferrets, a huge male and a
female who is sick.  When asked waht was making the little girl sick she
said that she was diagnosed with adrenal disease about a year ago.  Th evet
told her surgery was her only option and that it was not a sure thing.  No
mention of the meds.  I told her to get a new vet.  Any way the problem is
that they added a Jack Russel Terrier ti theri family and he wants to tear
the little fur children to pieces.  They have had them for 3 years.  MY
response, find a home for the dog.  That was a no go, the ferrets gotta go.
I told her I would find a way to take them just to give me a little time.
(she informed me that she does not remember the last time that they were
out of their cage).

I am desperate to find another foster home for some of these children.  If
you can help please let me know!

                           TTFN,
               Diana and the Ferret Farm