From:
Nan and Sandy Sanders <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Mar 2008 09:21:18 -0500
When I was growing up in Arlington, VA, we had 3 cats - my mom counted
4 rears sticking out of the food bowl . . . one rear had a "strange"
tail..... opossum would join the cats for chow and leave. The opossum
hung around for years. Cats accepted the intruder. It was kind of tame,
I could pet the opossum. The fur is very harsh.

One of my former co-workers was from Viet-Nam. One night she took out
the trash, saw a HUGE animal in the trash can and called the police.
Apparently she convinced them she was being raped and robbed as they
got there in record time (or maybe they were just bored). The explained
the HUGE animal was a harmless opossum, and the opossums were very
common in the area. They turned the trash can on the side and the
animal waddled out, gave them all a dirty look and went on his way.
I can imagine the police report . . .

Nan and Mosby, Scout and Porter