From:
Judith White <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Dec 1997 00:49:42 -0000
Melanie,

My Kermit had swollen lymph nodes and I was told to expect him to die of
lymphosarcoma within a year.  However, his bloodwork did not indicate
lympho, so he was given further bloodwork which showed up eosinophils in his
blood, indicating eosinophilic gastroenteritis instead.  I'm sure your Gizmo
doesn't have EG, since he is eating and playing well and doesn't have
diarrhea, but I do think another test is worth going through to ensure that
he gets the proper treatment.  Can enlarged lymph nodes also be a sign of
infection in ferrets, as they are in people?  You clearly want the best for
him -- and think of yourself, too!  If he does not have as serious an
illness, you'll feel wonderfully relieved.

Blessings
Judith