From:
Judy Cooke <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Sep 2001 21:44:38 -0700
Just a couple quick updates!

First, for everyone who responded about organizing a National Ferret
Transport Network....give me a little time-I am working on it and will
get back with everyone as soon as I have something to report!

Next, if you have called about reserving a room for the Symposium next
year, or have reserved your room and haven't received your confirmation
yet....patience, please!  I was out of the office all last week and am so
far behind-it's just not funny!  But...I will get to you as soon as I
possibly can!  If you've left a message for me, I probably have received
it, just haven't had time to respond...but I will!!!

And last, several people have asked about my son!  He is fine!  Being that
there are a great number of troops in the DC area, he has not been back to
the pentagon site since Sunday.  They have more help than they need.  NYC
on the other hand...well, we've all seen the damage.  Ft Meade is putting
together a volunteer division to send to help with the clean up.
Naturally, my son volunteered.  Guess his mama never taught him to
volunteer for nothin'!  Anyhow, he says almost everyone has volunteered so
he doesn't know if he will be going or not!  He wants to go because less
than a month ago, he and 11 others were sent to train with the NYC Fire
Department.  He spent 2 weeks with these guys...even toured the command
center in the WTC.  Several of the guys who helped in the training have
been reported as missing-which makes my son want to go all the more.  He
also was scheduled (before the events of last week) to go to Paris the
first part of Oct to train with the AT/FP team(some elite anti-terrorist
group) in chemical/biological warfare, but that has been postponed
temporarily.  So....he's fine and doing the job he's supposed to be
doing-and making his mother very, very proud!  I appreciate all the
special thoughts and kind wishes that have come my way during this
difficult time!  They have helped tremendously!  You guys are the
greatest!

Judy
Also...the post where I lashed out about anti-American attitudes was
probably a little more...um...abrupt than I intended.  I had been 3-4
days without sleep and was probably not thinking with a clear mind.  Not
that that's an excuse....lol...but that's the excuse I am using!  I do
apologize if I offended anyone.