From:
Roger Vaughn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Aug 2002 23:10:43 -0400
A few days ago, I posted a short list of ferret "enemies".  I included in
this list "pet dumpers".

Since then, I have seen the word used a few times in a context I'm not
entirely comfortable with.  Many people come to this list, or to their
ferret-laden friends, or to ferret shelters around the country looking
for a good home for the pet they can no longer keep.  I do not consider
these people dumpers.  Whatever their motivations for giving up their
pets, they are trying to do the responsible thing and find a good new
home for them.

No, when I mention dumpers, I'm talking about the people (or
organizations....) who turn their pets loose in the outdoors.  Or leave
them in a cage by a dumpster.  Or uncaged in a dumpster.  I'm talking
about the people who have no regard for the future happiness and well-
being of the animals they discard.  These, to me, are the dumpers.  And
I must say, I do object to the first group of well-intentioned people
being lumped in with these losers.

Also, I later realized that I had left ADV out of my "enemies" list!
What a horrible, horrible oversight.  The list was by no means meant to
be complete, but this one ranks right up near the worst of the enemies.

Roger and the Six Sneaker Snatchers
Missing Bear