From:
"Stines, James" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Jul 2003 10:59:26 -0500
>What do we have to do in this country to make our government see that a
>life is a life?  That there is no separation between human and animal?

I can agree that life is sacred, irregardless of what type of life it is.
There is something inherently eternal in that "spark" of life that can
not be duplicated by science.  But to suggest that humans are merely
animals would be erroneous.  We are specifically God's children and as
such have the higher calling to watch over His other creations.  And to
that end, I agree that cruelty laws should be strengthened.  The mental
anguish of loosing one of my fur kids is bad enough, but what if it were
lost to the cruelty of another individual?  My anger and resentment would
be spurred towards that person.  Then add to it the State treats the
matter as if a piece of personal property were simply broken and a fair
market value of restitution is to be paid.  Let's hope that the laws can
catch up to morality.

James, Melissa & Kassidy

Loving:  Bebe, Riley
Missing: Wheezer, Pym, Rikki, Jako