Date:
Thu, 9 Jan 1997 19:47:30 +0000
Hi all,

I've been reading the past few mails of this list and Im very impressed with
the high standard of Ferret know-how.  But it seems that most of the readers
are American and you have Ferrets as pets.  I myself live in the UK and use
my 3 fellows as workers. ie, send them into warrens after rabbits.  Does
anyone else use there Ferrets like this?

My 3 are very friendly.  Billy, the oldest, has a very laid back approach to
everything.  Whilst my other 2, Snowball and noname, are very quick and
alert.  They were two out of a litter of twelve my jill(s) dropped last
spring.

I have them housed in a big, solid rabbit type hutch in the back garden.
Its warm, dry and they get well looked after.  Living near farms I get all
the straw and wood chipping I need.  And anytime I need too I can get a baby
pig (still born) for there dinner.  Mind you it takes them two days to eat
it... :)

Well there ya go a quick look at a British Ferrets working life.
--

[log in to unmask] |  "Bother!" said Pooh, as he pulled the