From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Wed, 8 Sep 1993 09:54:48 -0400
I think that I told this story long ago on the list, but since we're on the
subject of Christmas trees...

In typical Christmas tradition, we had just put up our tree.  We trimmed off
the lower branches and covered the stand with a fuzzy red tree skirt.  Dixie,
doing what ferrets do best, of course had to thoroughly examine the whole
arangement.  I was out of the room for about half an hour, and when I came
back, she was blindly stumbling around with her eyes stuck shut and a red
fuzzy ball where her head used to be.  Apparantly she covered her whole head
with pine tree sap from the severed branches and then had crawled under the
tree skirt where the sap picked up the loose fibers.  For difficult ferret
cleaning tasks, this incident was only rivaled by the time that she chewed
the rubber top off of a mucilage glue bottle, coated herself in glue, and
then crawled under the bed covering herself with dust bunnies.