From:
Alexandra Sargent-Colburn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 May 2012 02:33:16 +0000
Dear Folks-

I realize that this is totally off-topic, but some of us are "dually
addicted", also having other companions in addition to ferrets. I just
got this notice from my local Agway store. I pass it on.

Alexandra in MA

[Moderator's note: I'd say it's more on-topic than you suggest. Ferrets
steal some dog food now and then, plus the recall isn't only dog food.
And us humans may well handle both without washing in between. BIG]

Diamond Pet Foods has voluntarily recalled some brands of dry dog and
cat food that it manufactured in its Gaston, S.C. facility between
December 9, 2011 and April 7, 2012 due to potential Salmonella
contamination. The brands that were recalled on May 4 have not tested
positive for Salmonella .

The company is recalling certain batches of these brands, however, as a
precautionary measure to ensure the safety and well-being of customers
and their pets. Consumers should check this website for the production
codes and best-before dates on the bags of recalled food, and
discontinue feeding it.

How To Tell If Your Food Has Been Recalled
To learn whether or not the brand of dog or cat food you use is
included in the recall, please select it from the list below. Follow
the directions on the webpage and check the production code on the bag.

Brands

- Chicken Soup for the Pet Lover's Soul
- Country Value
- Diamond
- Diamond Naturals
- Premium Edge
- Professional
- 4Health
- Taste of the Wild(tm)
- Apex
- Kirkland Signature/Kirkland Signature Nature's Domain
- Canidae

Consumer Hotline Information for Recall

Diamond: 866.918.8756 8am - 6pm EST Monday - Sunday or
www.diamondpetrecall.com

Wellpet: 877.227.9587 8am - 6pm EST Monday - Friday and 9am - 5pm
Saturday/Sunday

Natural Balance: 800.829.4493 8am - 5pm EST or
www.naturalbalanceinc.com

Canidae: 800.398.1600 Press 1 for Consumer Service. 9am - 5pm PST