From:
Shari Diane <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Jul 1997 11:03:07 -0400
I received a call Monday night from a Mother of a 15 yo son who has been
neglecting his ferret.  She begged me to come get "her" as she could no
longer stand by and watch this ferret live in a small rabbit cage 24 hours a
day with no wire floor covering, no toys, no bedding, overturned food bowl,
no water bottle, and no attention.  Needless to say, the ferret was being
fed grocery store cat food.  I'm introducing the ferret to Iam's Kitten.

I picked "her" up last night (Tuesday).  The 15 month old ferret is a
handsome MALE, possibly a champagne blaze.  The ferrets' name is "Ferret"
(son never took the time to name it).  Purchased locally at Pet
Depot-Crossroads May '96, no tattoos (local breeder).  Has never been to
the vet.

"Ferret" was so excited to be out of the little cage to play!  He was awake
when I picked him up at 6pm, and I think I finally heard him settle down at
1am = 5 hours of running around my townhouse!  He is litterbox trained,
doesn't bite, no fleas, doesn't know how to play with toys (and Lord knows I
got 'em), crazes attention.  "Ferret" seems not to know how to play with
Gina (sniffed her and went on his dooking way to explore), and I didn't try
last night to introduce him to Chipper.  He followed me everywhere.

"Ferret" is free to a loving and caring home.  I think he will be fine with
other ferrets, once he figures out what another ferret is for = play thing.
I live in Raleigh, North Carolina and am willing to transport him within
reasonable distance.

Shari Gunter
(w) 919-872-1174 (9a-5p M-F)
(h) 919-231-3222