From:
William Killian <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Jan 2002 10:17:11 -0500
>From:    Trudi Casler <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: zen's comments on magic cures.
>
>does that justify not trying?

You make the mistake of assuming it was not tried.  It was.  It failed.
We are discussing specific ferrets that were mentioned by Gary.  We do
not blame him for his error in assuming that he was given accurate
information.

>NO IT DOESNT!!!  does it mean that it doesnt work?  NO IT DOESNT!

Yes it does.  Timmy's Tonic is NOT medicine.  It is faith healing.
Putting bad sugar water into a ferret that has insulinoma is a bad idea.
Show us ANY scientific backing for the tonic before trying to dazzle us
with statistics that actually go against the use of the magic potion.
There has never been scientific testing of these types of potions.

>there are a lot of variables that go along with each patient...wether
>the patient be furry or human...this i learned in school and also in my
>life...to be so blunt and obviously uninformed is very rude on your
>part...in fact you didnt even have to put your .02 in...but thats the
>beauty of free speech...sometime, that is...

Perhaps we are not as uniformed as you suspect.  We responded to a
specific claim that those ferrets Dayna had had a 100% ending of symptoms.
That is absolutely not true as we indeed were involved with these ferrets.

We do not believe that you were in any way.  We are going by specific
knowledge of these specific ferrets.

>can you say the same thing?

We can say that no magic elixir has worked for our ferrets.  You can not
say what happened to ferrets here in Virginia.  We did not claim that no
other ferrets appeared to have coincident improvement when these magic
potions were used.  We stated our knowledge of very specific ferrets.
You had no contact with these ferrets.

You delved into a personal slur against us.  You do not know either of us.
You did not know Dayna personally.  You never had her spend time in your
house.  You were not there when she was here.  You are not involved with
the shelters in Virginia.  These are not slurs against you, just a
statement of your specific interaction with Dayna and these ferrets.

>From:    Danielle Frye <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Symposium Notes and "Magic Cure" post

Please NEVER talk about us.  We are aware of your private email and wish
you would cease talking about us there as well.

>I don't know about anyone else, and I didn't know Dayna.

Then you too have no knowledge of the specific details.  We have been
heavily involved with the rehabilitation of ferrets rescued from her
alleged shelter.

>I also see nothing in the above post that is useful information, just
>bashing.

You need to read more carefully.  Timmy's Tonic did not end insulinoma
symptoms in the specific ferrets mentioned.  For us to not state that does
a disservice to those ferret owners that must make decisions on treatment
for their ferrets.  False advertising was used; we refuted the claim.
Gary Holiwicki never saw this ferrets so it is not his fault that he was
misinformed.  We were trying to explain why he was not at fault for the
claim.  Nothing more.

>[Moderator's note: Well, it did contain potentially useful information:
>according to the Killians' experience the tonic didn't work.  The bashing
> was not at all nice, I agree.  Dayna was certainly a controversial person
>but she had no shortage of supporters either, for the record.  BIG]

BIG you do have a hard job.  You have to accept information from people
whether they are actually a party to specific incidents.  Two of the
people that were at our residence when Dayna was here have passed on.
We did NOT go into other details of what transpired while Dayna was here
or the remaining years she was in Virginia.

Those of us who run shelters in Virginia are in a unique position to know
more about what all happened than anyone else in the country.

At least four shelters had to take in ferrets including a litters of kits
bred with no information about their heritage when Dayna dumped them on
us.  This is no different than the NJ Christmas rescue from a while back
where someone had a public persona that differed from what was revealed
after passing.  There was a free for all of bashing of the deceased in
that case.  We are restraining our selves in comparison.

bill and diane killian
zen and the art of ferrets