From:
Roger Vaughn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 16 Mar 2003 12:00:58 -0500
Here's one final thought.

How many of you have ever slapped your forehead and said, "that's so
obvious; why didn't I think of it?" Ok, perhaps not literally, but I'm
willing to bet most if not all of us have done so at one time or another.

Even if all of the animal communicators are complete and utter charlatans
(and I'm not saying or implying that they are), that does not mean that
their insights are not useful to us.  Sometimes you need someone else to
take an objective, outside look at the situation and suggest things that
you have not thought of yourself.  That in itself can be a valuable
service, whether or not the actual "communication" is happening.  That's
the pragmatic view I like to take in these matters.

When it turns into something like the lost ferret story posted days ago,
then it becomes about individuals, not about the community as a whole.
That particular "communicator" obviously has personal issues that should
not reflect on any other person.  It's because of individuals like that
that you always have to look carefully at what you're getting, and use
your own head in all situations - whether you're talking about animal
communicators or about buying food at the grocery.

roger & the wolverine wannabees
missing bear