From:
Michael Janke <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 29 Jul 2001 09:00:48 -0400
>From:    Jen Phillips <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Question About Adrenal Disease
>
>I've been doing some reading about Adrenal Disease, and I know what the
>signs of it are, and the treatments available.  But my question is this:
>With the hair loss, how quickly do they lose their hair?  I've a gradual
>thinning of hair on one of my fuzzies tail, but it's been over the course
>of at least a month, probably closer to 2 months.

Hair loss caused by adrenal disease is usually a gradual occurance.  Hair
loss on the tail only may not be a sign of adrenal disease.  If the hair
loss starts appearing on her body or tops of her feet, then we can starting
thinking adrenal disease.  Tail hair loss can often be just a seasonal
thing and I don't see any problem taking a wait and see approach at this
time.

For the ferrets,
Mike

* Michael Janke, [log in to unmask]
* South Florida Ferret Help Line, 305-752-7040
*
* Website:  http://www.miamiferret.org
* Adrenal/Insulinoma web site: http://www.miamiferret.org/fhc
*