Date:
Mon, 16 Jun 2003 00:06:30 -0700
>From:    Shelley <[log in to unmask]>
>
>Lord help me!  My son (18) brought home an adorable black barn kitten.
>Looks to be about 6 weeks old.  I currently keep the ferrets in their
>cage or the playroom.  The kitten will have free run of the house
>(probably).  How do I keep the kitten from eating the ferrets?

Shelly

If your ferrets are anything like my ferrets , you might ask "how can I
keep my ferrets from nipping,biting, riding, stalking and terrorizing the
cat?"

Our two original ferrets , happy and buster ,met the cat, calley, by
bouncing towards her as the she started to stalk them...the cat hissed,
both ferrets hissed and displayed their teeth,and then chased the cat
out of the room.

Their favorite game was to try to sneak up on the cat and lie motionless,
they seemed to think if they didn't move, they couldn't be seen.  This
would last until they got too close and the cat would make a break for
it, with the ferrets in hot pursuit.

Happy and buster have since passed over the rainbow bridge.We have since
added more ferrets and rescued a huge black cat, Kiki.The ferrets seem
to want to play with her but she has problems with them wanting to taste
her.

I would guess a younger cat would get along better with ferrets and
probably would be corrupted to adopt ferret traits..

just my ramblings..

rob lipinski
phx az