From:
John & Shannon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Mar 2002 13:29:29 -0600
>Hi all, Frodo's Mom here.  I have a question for you all.  How can I
>tell if Frodo is bonding to me?  He seems to love everyone he meets but
>sees me the most often.  He seems to act the same towards me and towards
>complete strangers.  I was just wondering how long it usually takes
>ferrets to bond to a person.

I used to wonder the same thing with our first ferret, Sterling.  He
always seemed to act the same towards everone.  He was never & still isn't
a cuddly ferret at all.  The closest he comes is whenever I let him out
to play he will *tolerate* the 2 second long hug/cuddle & kisses from
mom first, only because he knows it is a requirement before I let him
take off playing!  LOL.  I learned though, that this is just part of his
personality, & he had bonded with me & I didn't even know it!

The day I realized this was a few months after I got him, he had been
having some questionable poops, so off to the vet we went.  He had never
minded too much getting his shots, but the temerature taking/stool sample
collecting procedure was a whole 'nother story!!!  The vet was holding him
down while inserting the thermometer, & the entire time his little legs
were moving faster than I had ever seen, running in place straight towards
me!  The second she let go of him he *raced* to me & straight up onto my
shoulder, hiding under my hair.  I went home crying tears of joy to my
husband, with poopie smeared in a trail up my shirt, saying "he really
does love me, he knows I'm Mommy & that I'll protect him" LOL!  My
husband thought I was a nut case.

Shannon
Sterling, Pandora, & Jasmin