From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 3 Sep 1995 21:23:50 -0400
To Sheena Staples:

Re: post on tennis ball, some do what we have dubbed "surfing", one of mine
does it with mostly cat toys, the soft ones.  She'll grasp it between her
two front legs and either back up in a straight line or sometimes she goes
around in circles.  Has the funniest look on her face, seems very determined
and happy.  Also, she seems to really enjoy doing this.  Every time I see
her do it I start singing the Beach Boys song: "Surfin Safari".  Gets her
moving even more.  Just wish I could get the video camera rolling......

I also have another fuzzy who does not do "surfing" at all.  He just watches
her and hangs out.  I guess some do this and some do not.  This probably
stems back to when they were in the "wild".  I just think it is funny to
watch cause she does get into it.

SS