Date:
Sat, 16 Nov 2002 15:27:23 -0800
>From:    mark bethke <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Petco's dirty little secrets
>
>It's time to act, Petco , the greatest supplier of homeless for our
>overloaded shelters has been doing so very dirty business.  the following
>link tells it all .  i know that there are only a few mentions about
>ferrets but if the way they take care of their other animals is so bad
>we can only guess what the ferrets go thru .
>
> http://www.petcosucks.com/more.html   ...

This is probably not a very popular opinion but this is one of my fears
of ferrets becoming legal in California.  I have been lucky enough to not
know anyone who has had their ferrets confiscated so I cannot say I've
been in that terrifying situation.  I am so afraid that ferrets will
start getting dumped like they are in other states where they are sold in
pet stores and our shelters will have the same problems of overcrowding,
no one wanting an older ferret, lack of funds, etc.  Oh I am so torn!

Stacey in CA