From:
Troy Lynn Eckart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 May 1996 09:27:25 CST6CDT
Accidents happen.  We've probably all been there (not necessarily a
recliner) Jason, time to get rid of the recliner, or disable it, next time,
well.... Learn from this lesson and count your blessings.

We must not be too critical of people who ask for help in an emergency, we
must also be cautious.  Never hesitate to take your ferret to the vet in the
case of an emergency.  Talk with your vet now about finances in an emergency
situation and work out a payment agreement, just in case.  Apply for a
credit card just for emergencies (I know).  My mother told me never to take
on more than I can handle on my own and I've lived by that rule.  The
donations that came in to help with our ECE crisis were gratefully accepted
and so very much appreciated.  Bob is right, I would never have asked.

I don't believe asking someone to give up their beloved ferret should be a
requirement to receive assistance.  Each case should be evaluated on a case
by case basis (hmmm... think I've heard that somewhere before).  White
Fang's human was going to have her killed, so in her situation it was in her
best interest to be turned over.  If I had the time to properly devote to
the cause I'd volunteer to head the "Emergency Fund" program, but I just
can't organize my time to do this.  If a committee is formed I'd be glad to
be on the board and help set up the program.

My condolences to all who have lost beloved fuzzies.  If you need a
shoulder, I'm here for you.  If you'd like a condolence packet please email
your mailing address to [log in to unmask]

Hugs to all.  tle