From:
Kristeen Kohrs <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 14 Oct 2000 13:02:09 -0400
I have to admit that when I travel, I am an FML scanner so I didn't catch
all the discussion on tattoos.  My deaf DEW, Al, has a tattoo between his
toes.  I was curious about this and e-mailed Marshall Farms and received
the following response (Cut and pasted from the original the grammar and
spelling is exactly as I received it):

Thank you for writing Marshall Pet Products.  Yes are ferrets also have a
tatoo on one of their toes.  This is used at our end for identification
purposes.  Many happy healthy years to you and your ferret.  I thought
that maybe it was because he was deaf and they knew it?  I hope its nothing
more than that.  Al is a skinny little guy with a breast bone that curves
out - he's full of energy.  He eats as much as my other two combined but
he burns it off, by never standing still!

Any Marshall's insides know the real story behind the toe tattoos?
Kristeen, JT,
Katie, Matt & Al