Date:
Fri, 22 Aug 2003 19:15:22 -0400
We SOS ladies need a little input from you guys on the FML, please, to
help us to determine the "right" way to handle things.  Okay, here is our
dilemma:

As some/many of you might know, we are a small group that raises money
to help ferret shelters in need.  We raise money through such means as
Ebay auctions, raffles, special events, Buck of the Month club, and the
Ferrets of the FML calendar.

We distribute money to shelters in the form of a vet donation or product
donation (never cash!), in accordance with the needs of various shelters.
We also distribute a list of shelters and their respective needs to the
FML periodically, so FML members can decide where to donate, if they
choose to.

But .. enough about us ...  Our dilemma is that we have some WONDERFUL
items for raffle and for sale on Ebay ... and we like these products as
much as other ferret owners.  So, we've been debating amongst ourselves
whether SOS members are allowed to buy raffle tickets for SOS auctions,
or to place bids on SOS Ebay items.

BTW ... there is no way we can "rig" the raffles, since BIG is given the
range of numbers for the raffle tickets, and he determines the winner
(without knowing who holds the ticket with that number).  We're just
concerned that it will "look bad" if an SOS member wins the raffle ..
even thoguh they participated in a fair and ethical manner.

We've thought of various solutions such as giving other people the
money and having them buy the ticket for us .. but we didn't like that
solution, either.  So, we finally decided to ask all of YOU what you
thought, and if it would be okay for those of us in SOS to participate
in our own raffles and Ebay auctions.

Please feel free to post your feelings to the list, as long as it's
okay with BIG!  If you want to send them privately to me or another SOS
member, that's fine, too.  I can happily pass on any "private" comments
to either this list or the other members of SOS, as you wish, without
your name attached to them!

But please let us know what you think, so we can figure out how to solve
this.  Thank you!  :->

- Ela

   (000)___(000)        Ela Heyn
   ======@======    http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/5483