From:
Judy Cooke <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 14 Aug 2005 21:37:11 -0700
Fran had the Dook not wanting to blow his nose!!  The story was passed
to Marilyn Ledoux.  Marilyn wrote:

"If I blow my nose, Royal Blood will be shed, and purple roses will grow
where it is spilt."

Christianaferret was in shock.  What was she going to do?  She put her
hands to her head and thought.  "I have it,"  she cried.  "I know what
will break the spell.  Call the villagers, ask them about my father.
Blow your nose, I need some Royal Blood."

The Dook of Cornish Hen blew his nose and Royal Blood splattered
everywhere.  Beautiful purple roses on long stems grew.  Each stem had
many three inch thorns.  Soon the hollow was filled with beautiful roses.
The villagers began to arrive, and Christianaferret asked them if anyone
had seen her father.  "Yes"  they said, but he is a skunk and over there,
by himself at the edge of the field."

Christianaferret called the horses and told them to fetch her father to
her.  They were very upset, but knew they had to obey the royal command.
As soon as they returned with the skunk, Christianaferret put her paws
around him and kissed him on the nose.  The kiss broke the spell and
Christianaferret hugged her father soundly.

They mounted the horses; Christianaferret plucked one large purple rose,
and just as the three were ready to leave the hollow...

Passed to Karen Douglas.  Karen wrote:

 ....the beautiful deep purple rose lightly brushed against
Christinaferret's lovely treasure chest.  The box began to glow and
vibrate as it responded to the touch of Royal Blood in full bloom.  The
two cameo's inlaid on the cover of the box began to sing in glorious two
part harmony as the chest slowly and gracefuly opened itself completely
to the magic of the Blood.  The woodland hollow was transformed with a
golden glow created by a kazillion fire flies and stars busily dusting
everything in sight with grace and beauty.

Suddenly, the travel-worn, frazzeled, bed-raggled company were imbued
with renewed strength and purpose as each set of tired ears heard the
softly spoken command "Go Forth!!  There are badgersamong My ferrets.
Go forth and save the day.  Truth must have its way and evil, within
My land, cannot stay!!  Galvanized with renewed purpose and resolve,
Christinaferret, The Dook of Cornish Hen, the Dook of Swellington, Ben
and Jerry galloped off without another thought but to obey thier divine
destiny.  The villagers, equaly inspired, ran as fast as they could after
them.  The multitude of heroic hearts were eager to enter into the fray
between right and wrong, good and evil, truth and lies.