From:
Rachelle & McKyle Tuvell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Dec 1997 21:19:26 -0500
Hey everyone!
Thanks to all who e-mailed me about my questions about mastiffs and ferrets
together!  I was really surprised to learn that it is possible for these two
animals to interact together well.  But still, no big dogs for us anytime
real soon- our house is crowded enough already!  My fert has been on 2 meds
for the past 7 days: Cefadroxil (Cefa-Drops) for an infection in his throat,
and Panalog ointment put into his ears for cocci in his ears.  I have
noticed the past three days or so, he hasn't been eating, drinking, or
pooping quite as much as normal.  He acts just fine otherwise.  Someone
suggested this could possibly be due to 2 different things: 1-the meds are
decreasing his appetite, and therefore there is less poop.  2-he has ended
his last "growth spurt" and so does not need to eat as much now and
therefore there is less poop.  BTW, at his last vet visit 7 days ago, when
he got the meds, he weighed 3 3/4 lbs (up 3/4 lbs from the previous visit,
little pudge!).  He does not seem to be losing any weight now.  I am sure
this is nothing, but I am just a paranoid mommy.  So will someone please
reassure me that my little pudge baby is fine???

Thanks everybody for all your help.

Happy furreting!   :)
Rachelle (Worry-wort)
David (I still want a mastiff!)
McKyle (Pudge?  Who you callin' PUDGE?!)