From:
Ric Tate <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Apr 1998 12:55:57 -0600
My name is Diana and live in Durango, Colorado.  I have seven ferrets and
they are all by babies.  I have to agree with sheila's message that was
against declawing ferrets.  Anyone who would think of declawing a ferret is
totally crazy.  It isn't like a cat claws that are retractable.  The ferret
needs those claws in everyday living.  Those claws are part of their hands.
I see mine using the claws when they want to hang on to something or hold a
piece of fruit that they are eating on.  Also, I don't even descent my
ferrets.  I feel that isn't necessary because they need to have some kind of
stress releaver.  It really isn't that bad.  It is like a bad fart and in a
few minutes it goes away.  It isn't like a skunk that the smell sticks to
you.  I have even hear that a ferret that is not descented lives longer.
I want to prolong my ferrets life as long as I can, because I would be
devestated if one of them died.  I already cry when I read about it.  My
heart goes out to all of those who have had ferrets go over the rainbow
bridge.

Diana and Ric with Orbit, Jing, Jang, Thyme, Sage, Baby, and Snowball.