From:
Carli Lintemuth <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 8 Feb 1998 12:23:25 EST
Hi everyone.  I have loved to read the list but this is the first time I
have needed to post.  My ferret has become possessed!  lol He has all of a
sudden turned into the naughtiest ferret I have ever met.  He chews on his
brothers.  Now we had a problem w/ this once before when I introduced my
third ferret into the family.  Then it was understandable.  Freemont (the
biter) had to show Coy (the newcommer) that he was boss of the cage.  A
little bitter apple and that passed in a few weeks.  Well all of a sudden it
has started again.  He prefers the ears.  Coys ears are all red and sore.
Last week they started to scab over a little!  Thats how bad it is.  I went
to the pet store and got a biter apple creame.  That works better than the
spray.  I have had to go as far as putting the furniture Gell on him just to
keep freemont away.  And I have to put this creame/lotion all the way down
his back becasue Freemont will chew on his scruff if the ears taste bad.
And if he can;t find a good place on Coy he wil chew on the middle ferret
Phaphner.  Now he and Phaphner have been cage mates for a long time.  I need
suggestions here.  Right now I just break them up and put Freemont in the
tiny hospital cage I keep.  But that is certainly too small to keep him in.
If anyone needs more info or has any suggestions please either post or email
me at [log in to unmask]  Thanks alot guys.

Carli....owned my Freemont, Phaphner, and Coy