From:
Gary Pepper <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Apr 1998 13:04:14 -0400
I am hoping to get some help from some of you with two different problems
we have:

1. Jeronimo:

- She has two golf-ball size lumps in her lower abdomen.  When I pick her
  up, they are quite obvious on either side.

- She has lost quite a bit of fur in the area where the lumps are.  The
  rest of her fur is very dull.

- She is 5 1/2 yrs old and is quite active and happy.  She doesn't appear
  to be suffering at all.

- The vet said it might be her spleen and she was going to look into
  whether ferrets can have their spleens removed.  I have not heard back
  from her (that was a couple of months ago).

- I am considering surgery, but I don't want to cause any problems
  unnecessarily--as I mentioned, she is happy and healthy otherwise.

Does anyone have any input?

2. Rockefeller:

- For at least a year now, Rocky has had no fur on her tail.  The rest
  of her coat is fine.

- I've tried bathing her tail with anti-bacterial soap twice a day for a
  month--she had black spots on it, and they seem to have disappeared
  almost completely.

- I've been giving her Ferretone every morning for the past few
  weeks-still no sign of fur!

Does anyone have any input?

Thanks!

Barb and Paul
and Ferrets:  Jeronimo, Rockefeller, Templeton, Einstein, Beauregarde,
and Shchmidtlappe.
With fond memories of:  Winchester, Huckleberry, Remmington, Napoleon,
Orbisson and Balderdash.