From:
Gail Elsey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 17 Nov 2001 13:33:36 -0500
Picture this: 4 cats, 2 ferrets, 1 dog and a kid with the chicken pox
making the annual visit to the vets for shots.

New vet, just moved.  Seems very knowledgeable.  Very nice, allowed an
hour for my crew at the end of the day.

One hyperthyroid cat who is 14 years old.  The boss.  she goes first.
Get refill on her meds, then shots.  Then we go down the line.  Ferrets
were second.

My son starts to heave from his medicine.  We go to the bathroom.  We
come back.

TO MY HORROR, the vet is gone, and the tech is admistrating rabies shots.
30 minutes after the distemper.  The vet walks in at the same time I do
and id freaking!  We now sit there with the vet holding the babies and
praying that nobody reacts.  An hour later, after my ferrets have gone
through his pickets, all the drawers, escaped 3 times to visit the
receptionist, they are pronounced as fine.

We go home.  I got a call from the vet this morning.  He is making sure
they had no late reaction.  He is a young vet that has some ferret
experience, but not tons.  He is in a practice with another very
experienced with ferrets.  We go back for the second distemper.

Question--what type of blood tests is used for the ADV?  Serum, clotted, ?

Gail